Tax Help Desk/Research
Over 75 Years of Working for Tax & Accounting Professionals
The core mission of the NSA is to help tax and accounting professionals become more successful.
Accountants and tax practitioners who have established their businesses can take advantage of member benefits and discounts that positively affect the bottom line of a small practice. NSA also increases the value of membership by remaining in constant contact with members through email newsletters, announcements, publications, social media, and surveys. This open and transparent communication allows Leadership and staff to develop better programs to help members be successful.
NSA also produces and sponsors educational programs, such as the Live Enrolled Agent Exam Review Course that has helped many practitioners pass the EA exam the very first time. NSA is closely aligned with ACAT, producing the exam and study materials that allow potential credential holders to obtain ACAT’s prestigious designations.
About the Tax Help Desk
- To answer your questions in a timely and efficient manner, we recommend you submit your question in writing. This will allow you to include the necessary detail in your question needed for NSA to answer your question and will reduce the amount of time leaving messages back and forth over the phone.
- Please include all pertinent facts with your question(s) with as much detail as possible–the more detail we have, the sooner we’ll be able to respond to you and the less likely it is we will have to go back to you for additional information.
- If you have already done some research, please let us know the extent of your research and the tentative conclusion you reached as a result of your research.
- Do not send any documentation to the Tax Help Desk that contains private client info, such as social security numbers.
NSA Active and Associate members can get five tax questions answered without charge for the current NSA fiscal year (September 1, 2022, through August 31, 2023)
As a reminder, the Tax Help Desk will not answer state tax questions; perform or review calculations; prepare any returns, schedules or forms, or render legal opinions. Complex questions that deal with multiple issues may be considered to be two or more questions; you will be advised of this before we proceed with your question.
- Questions # 6-10 = $25.00
- Questions # 11 and each subsequent question = $40.00