Tax Practitioner Quick Links
Links to helpful tools and relevant information regarding Federal Tax preparation are listed below. You can also download these on a quick reference sheet here.
- Local IRS Offices for Tax Season
There are many taxpayer assistance centers available to help taxpayers
- Modernized eFile (MeF) Operational Status
Having eFile issues? Check the MeF Operational Status
- 1099 General Reporting Requirement
Was a 1099 required to be issued?
- Tax Scams Affecting Taxpayers and Tax Professionals
Remain vigilant against scams that may affect your clients or your firm
- FinCEN BOI Small Entity Compliance Guide
Understand which entities must file a report and which are exempt
- About Form 3115, Application for Change in Accounting Method (irs.gov)
A path to correcting errors in returns of prior preparers related to incorrectly used accounting methods (e.g. depreciation, cash to accrual, capitalizing vs expensing, etc.)
- NSA Practitioner Organizers, Samples & Toolkits
Resources you can use in your practice!
- Webinars for Tax Practitioners (irs.gov)
Stay up-to-date on the latest federal tax issues from the IRS
- Employee Retention Credit – Voluntary Disclosure Program (irs.gov)
- Clean Vehicle and Energy Credits | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)
- Federal Tax Credits for Energy Efficiency (energystar.gov)